Tuesday, March 3, 2009

LOSER


It took approximately 4 business days for me to fail at Lenting. There's no way I could be Catholic. I did however post on Sunday. Kari and I had decided that it would be ok if we didn't blog on the weekend, 'cause that's what Jesus would have done. So maybe I get a little bit of credit? Orrr maybe not. Because of my Monday suckage, I've decided to post twice today.


Point of Interest: Before I get to the business of bloggin' I feel I have to call Mrs. Adam Hawthorne out on her challenge issued to me...I posted a photo taken by a friend and contributed my own commentary... unlike Mrs. I Went to a Slipknot Concert the Night Before My Contracts Final and Then Fell Asleep During Said Final, who copied and pasted an entire horoscope and end capped it with a one word sentence....SO, Mrs. Kate's Mommy, unless you've recently became an freelance astrologer and wrote your own horoscope...suck it.


So I had a weekend that I'm sure Sarah Palin would have been proud of. Some huntin', some shoppin', some family'n....just a good ol' republican weekend. Friday night I attended the National Wildlife (maybe just Wild?) Turkey Foundation (Federation?) Banquet with a good friend of mine. Now...let me be clear here...I use the term "banquet" loosely. To me, it's not a banquet if you're dressed in camo...but apparently in The County, it's not a banquet UNLESS you're dressed in camo. Dress code aside, it was actually a GREAT time. Met a cool guy with a barbed-wire hat band (not joking about his coolness...or his hat band...Dude was awesome), watched my friends bid on and win more turkey stamped crap than you could ever imagine, and I even made it home with that fabulous Wild Turkey Decanter displayed at the top of the page (bow at it's awesomeness). Ok..so I didn't actually make it home with it that night...it was taken from me, hidden away, and displayed in a Judge's office. It took me threatening an attorney (the original turkey thief), yelling at a Judge, and well...just throwing a good sized fit to get it back into my possession. AND I was getting threatening text messages last night, urging it's return. People need to BACK OFF MY TURKEY!
All in all....a good time.
We'll talk about the rest of the weekend in post #2. I'm a little overexerted from reliving my turkey hell.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

TURKEY THIEF! AND YOU DIDN'T EVEN GIVE ME CREDIT FOR WINNING IT IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!

K said...

And where is post number 2? And I totally think you get credit for the Sunday post...you are all good!!!

And eek, there are people you know that read this. I am pretty sure no one knows about mine but you.