Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Devasation and Reform

(Ignoring fact that I did not post twice yesterday...we've already established that I suck)

I'm so not creative. I'm out of things to talk about. I've no doubt that this is the result of actually sitting in my office and doing my job. The most interesting thing that happened today is that I was encouraged to go to the State Capitol and lobby against tort reform. I'm sure my boss is sooooo up for me doing THAT. I can picture it now...

'Excuse me, Mr. CEO of Hospital, I know that we just lost the county-wide vote on a tax that would greatly help out our hospital (thank you McCurtain County!), and I know that the entire nation is in the middle of a major economic downturn which causes people to forgo luxuries like healthcare, and I know that we live in an impoverished area of the state where people just don't like to pay any of their bills...(especially hospital bills for those pesky trips to the ER for overdoses and heart attacks and such), so would you mind if I, your Risk Manager/Insurance Liaison/Attorney/Employee, take a (paid) day and go lobby against tort reform?" 

Yeah...I think he'd just jump all over that one. And then hit me. 


No comments: