Monday, October 4, 2010

When I'm Sixty-Four

*This isn't me


Does being elderly really give you a free pass to say whatever you want? Or do some people just not know better? Either way, it's hard to be offended by what old people say, because then what would I (and the guy from http://twitter.com/shitmydadsays) write about today?
Example:
I was at the nail salon on Friday. I sat down in the pedicure chair next to an older lady and without an introduction, a how are you?, or even a nod, this is the conversation that ensued...

Her (staring at my toes): Do you find that because your toes are so long you bump into things more?

Me: (awkward pause while I process what she just asked me) ummm....not really?

Her: I just broke my middle toe

Me: Ouch?

ANNNND SCENE.

i do not have long toes.

No comments: