Thursday, November 8, 2007

Dear Chicago

So I went to Chicago for work, and guess what? It's windy there. Who knew? So I'm walking down Michigan Ave. looking incredibly cute in my Ralph Lauren-esqe (not a knockoff Kari, it's just reminiscent of Ralph) button down shirt dress and amazing Coach boots (which left not so amazing gigantic, near crippling blisters on each of my heels...i have pics), my arms loaded with shopping bags, and yeah...basically the wind blew really hard and I full on flashed the Magnificent Mile. It was nothing if not classy. The good news? I made $20.00 from a passer-by which paid for my cab ride back to the hotel (again, if my boss is reading this, i'm totally kidding...i made $40.00).

So yeah, I spent the week with 5,000 Risk Managers, and I'm guessing none were under the age of 40, but they were a rocking group, plus it's easier to be the prettiest when you're the youngest. And we all know that pretty and young = old men buying you drinks and dinner. I had dinner one night with an event planner who rode a camel down Michigan Avenue for his 65th birthday and who was spending the following weekend with George Lucas. I took an amazing boat ride/architectural tour of Chicago and saw some really cool buildings. I made quick friends with the manager of Carmines Steakhouse who totally hooked me up with an awesome table next to a college rugby team and gave me dinner on the house to boot! I'm convinced it was the accent, those Northerners love a little Southern Sass...either that or he witnessed my Mag Mile Flashing Fiasco. I even managed to get a little bit of work done while I was there! Amazing..

Not bad Chicago...Not Bad!

No comments: