Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Mother and Child Reunion

And THIS, Mother, would be the reason why I don't call as often as I should...

Mom (on phone): I talked to [former classmate] about your class reunion this weekend.

Me (also on phone): Oh yeah? (How do i know this will not end well?)

Mom: She said y'all had the best time!

Me: Oh yeah? (Was she at the same reunion as i was? Because the part that she's talking about was NOT "the best time!" It was a hot awkward mess...but still intriguing...no digs at those who put it together...you know what i'm talking about...)

Mom: She said they gave you an award?

Me: No, they didn't. (How is it that my mother now knows more about my class reunion than i do? And why does that bother me so?)

Mom: She said they gave it to you after you left.

Me: Oh yeah? (Love being talked about after I leave!)

Mom: Yeah, they gave you an award because you wore a dress.

Me: Oh yeah? (Wow...Creative Bunch)

Mom: Yeah, you know you didn't dress very well in high school.

Me: Thanks, Mom (Stab to my heart, thank you for resurrecting all of those old insecurities)

Mom: Well (ha-ha-ha) you really didn't.

Me: Ok (Knife plunging deeper)

Mom: I mean, it was pretty bad.

Me: Thanks, again. I have to go. (Done with this)

Mom: Really bad.

Me (flipping her off thru the phone): Gotcha. I'm done talking. Bye.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha. You can ALWAYS count on someone talking about you behind your back, even if you're still walking away!

I can think of a few awards we could have handed out, but it would have made that hot mess more of a hot mass-arrest!

And you did look fabulous, even if you forgot your pants.

Stacy

Jahni said...

Ohhh..you have no idea how close I was to posting a "The REAL HS Reunion Awards" blog...I've been handing them out in my head since Saturday night...